Armed Forces Legal Action (AFLA) is a nationwide scheme, founded in July 2013 by Scottish solicitor, Allan Steele, WS, bringing together lawyers from all parts of the United Kingdom to help the men and women who safeguard our country when they themselves need assistance. AFLA has the support of the Scottish Government, the Law Society of Scotland, Law Society of England & Wales, St John Scotland and many other supporters. See our Governance structure here.
AFLA member law firms offer a discount of between 15% and one third of fees to:
- Serving HM Armed Forces personnel (regular and reserve)
- Those who left HM Armed Forces within the previous two years
- Those members of HM Armed Forces who have sustained serious combat injuries (Lifetime cover)
- Recipients of the Victoria Cross and the George Cross (Lifetime cover)
- Bereaved next of kin recipients of the Elizabeth Cross (Lifetime cover)
For Law Firms
For further information on the scheme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To become an AFLA member please submit your details here.
For Service Personnel
AFLA member firms offer a discount of between 15% and one third of fees. Find out more here.
You can also now follow us and get in touch via Twitter: @AFLA_UK
To view the UK Government Armed Forces Corporate Covenant duly signed by Andy McKendrick (honorary president of AFLA) please click the logo:-